Tuesday 5 April 2011

Day the Threeth

Big blue wobbly thing that mermaids live in 

C is for Children of the Revolution.

It is said that everybody has one novel in them and this is mine.
The publication of this masterwork proceeds at what can only be called a hobbyists pace which is equal to three and a half of the more energetic kind of snails. Although it is slowly coming together there are some days when it seems that every idea I have requires me to rewrite the whole thing from scratch.

I've also heard through the grapevine that the muse assigned to my  case is very overloaded and is apparantly infamous for being distracted by the shiny wings of the Fresh Idea Fairies which leads to plot twists like "She was in love with him and...Hey! What if they were werewolves? But in reverse. OMG! Double reverse vampires!" [1]

 But the book itself is going to be an epic story, told over at least three volumes, of love lost, love found and war!  All of it set against the backdrop of a world gone mad! I mention this because one day you might be in a book shop and when the   assistant asks if he can help you and you say
"What I'm looking for is a tale of love lost and found during a war. Oh and it needs to be set against the backdrop of a world gone mad" Then he might just say
"We've got just the thing" and hand over a copy of my book[2]


[1] I've seen the invoices and I know that I was the one that was supposed to get the sparkly vampire idea.  Darn you Stephenie Meyers!  Darn you to heck!
[2] Children of the Revolution is only the working title of this project, the actual name of the book changes so often that entries D-Z will consist solely of new names for the damned thing.



1 comment:

  1. With your way with words, and your wit, yeah...you definitely should be writing a book.

    ReplyDelete