Monday 26 March 2012

The blog lives! The blogger? Not so much

Hello.  I'm not dead and here are some words that prove it.

ITEM THE FIRST:

The art course is going great.  Last week we were told that the reason for making paper towers was so that we could get an idea of how different materials worked together [1] This week we've been informed that the big project is going to be us making a Rube Goldberg Device.

For those of you not currently in the know a Rube Goldberg is a very geeky way of making the simple complicated.  If, for instance you wanted to move an egg from point A to point B the Rube Goldberg would involve all manner of items being utilised [2]
Conceivably a marble might roll down a slope which turns a screw, which tightens a string, which lifts a gate......

......which turns on the flamethrower, which burns the house down, which infuriates the flock of giant chickens and so forth.  [3]
Seriously speaking though it should be fun.

The poster assignments were knocked off easily enough and the reward for doing such good work is "make another poster"  which seems to be a rather circular argument but what do I know?
 I'm tempted to steal a Monet and submit that but already know that if I did I'd certainly be asked why I did so.
"we needed the Monet" I'd insist "because we were baroque" [4]

I know it's a bad joke but A) it's a rule that whenever anyone discusses Monet someone has to make this joke and B) I've been working on the Alphabet Challenge postings and all my good material is tied up in alphabet related humour.

The other poster from the project.  This one was mostly done in Photoshop, mostly.


ITEM THE SECOND:

The A - Z Challenge looms over us like a giant looming thing.  I'm number 1240 since all this time I've been working hard at the posts and didn't actually remember to sign up!

But now I have done so and I've also had a bit of an epiphany.
"What all these posts need is a question at the end" I proclaimed to myself and everyone else in the library at the time "something that people can click upon and I can work into a detailed report at the end of the challenge!"

Thankfully my list of 5 separate questions about each of the posts got whittled down to a singular important question.  It is written below in white text so that those of you who don't want spoilers can rest easy and those of you who do can walk around with inscrutable looks on your faces [5]


!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!

I'M NOT GOING TO GIVE THE QUESTION AWAY JUST LIKE THAT!  
YOU'D BETTER COME BACK EVERY DAY IN APRIL JUST TO CHECK IF THE QUESTION IS THE SAME EACH TIME.
<TWIRLS MOUSTACHE> "NYA HA HA"

/END SPOILER ALERT!


NOTES:

  1. It turns out that cardboard is stronger than paper!  Amazing!
  2. Rather than have you exhaust yourself by simply picking the egg up and moving it.
  3. If you already saw that the real joke was that Monet isn't a baroque painter then take ten points from petty cash.
  4. I kid.  The flamethrower attachment is rarely used and the giant chickens don't come cheep.
  5. Presumably while twirling your moustaches and going "Nya ha ha"

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for participating in the A to Z challenge. We are so glad to have you!

    For the challenge, we ask that you take Word Verification off. Blogger is good about catching spam and we would like to make it easy for fellow bloggers to comment as they visit each blog in the challenge.

    Konstanz Silverbow
    A to Z co-host
    www.a-to-zchallenge.com
    nothoughts2small.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries. Looking forward to kick off!

    ReplyDelete