Saturday 28 January 2012

An Award!


I got an award from a blogger who, at this point shall remain nameless. This is because with the award comes a numbered list of requirements and here at Jabberwockery we're all about doing it by the numbers.

1: 15 Bloggers:
Since I'm pretty certain that everyone I follow has already received this award or something similar I'm going to deviate from the rules, thus showing my versatility, by listing the sites that I visit regularly.  On reflection I look at way to many webcomics. [1]
  1. Cracked
  2. Sinfest
  3. Questionable Content
  4. Goblins
  5. Order of the Stick
  6. Erfworld
  7. Not always right
  8. Wasted Talent
  9. Dinosaur Comics
  10. XKCD
  11. Sluggy Freelance
  12. Lackadaisy Cats
  13. Looking For Group
  14. Weregeek
  15. Cakehead loves Evil

2: Add the Versatile Blogger Award.

Check

3: Thank the blogger:
Cleemckenzie who writes all manner of thoughtful and interesting articles [2] at The Write Game was nice enough to include Jabberwockery in her list of blogs.  Thanks again.

4: Bits of information
  1. I have a scar across my right knee from where I split it open trying to do karate kicks.  Slightly lower down is a small depression from where I gouged a large chunk out when I came off my bike.  Such things are status symbols when you're young.
  2. I own a broadsword and occasionally fight with it [3]
  3. If/When I go into business for myself my offices will be called Black Dog Studios.  This is a reference to my dog, Tui [4]
  4. I very nearly managed to get Speak Softly Love played at my grandmothers funeral.  It is, perhaps, more commonly known as the theme from The Godfather and it is awesome [5]
  5. The book I am writing is the first part in the Worldsong series.  The first book is Harts Change, the second is Harts Blood and the third is Harts War.
  6. If the authorities ever got a good look at my notes folder I'm certain that I would quickly become a person of interest to them. Religious Cannibalism rubs shoulders with methods of amputation and arcane rituals.
  7. I can't think of a seventh thing so I'll share my recipe for homemade ice blocks:
    1. Take whole Peaches or Nectarines.  The exact type doesn't matter but stone fruit work best.
    2. Put fruit in ice cream container.
    3. Put ice cream container, now containing fruit, into freezer.
    4. Time passes.
    5. Take fruit out of both freezer and ice cream container in any order.
    6. eat ice blocks. outside and with a towel to help clean up.
5: The Rules: [6]
1. In a post on your, blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
2. In the same post, Add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.

6: Inform each nominated blogger:
There is no step 6! [7]

Notes:
  1. Good idea that.  Put the links that take people away from the site right at the top.
  2. Naturally enough.  Otherwise she wouldn't be the VERSATILE blogger.
  3. Finally!
  4. Usually over who's going to do the dishes.  The roster is on the fridge for a reason people
  5. Newfoundland/Ridgeback Cross.  He developed very bad arthritis in his hips and it was the first time that I, personally, made the decision to take him to the vet that last time.
  6. She would have laughed about it.
  7. I admit it.  I did this whole post with that joke in my head

3 comments:

  1. I have to say I like your rules better than the other ones--more interesting.
    Glad you enjoyed the award. I've gotten it twice, so I think this one will be the last.

    See you around the blogosphere. Play a little tune and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award! I just signed up to follow your site, as I went down the list that the Write Game listed. I liked your variation on the rules. This award brings a lot with it. :) You visit a lot of sites that are new to me. I look forward to checking them out.

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay on the award, congrats!
    #3....does this mean you are in the group you wanted to be in, now?!?!

    and #7..nom nom Nom nom Nom nommmm (sounds yum) XD

    ReplyDelete